Corner Rock - Misleading job posting - actually door to door sales. Worked 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, never got paid. Empty promises and cult-like techniques. Recruitment scam!
Update added by user May 18, 2014
EDIT 2014: Global Net has now changed their name to Kreative Client Solutions. They are still associated with the same company: Blue Ocean Outsource Ltd. Company Reg no: 08437993, and trade under the address: Kreative Client Solutions, Angel House, 3rd Floor, 225 Marsh Wall, South Quay, London, E14 9FW
Original review posted by user Nov 06, 2013
If you're job searching, Entry level jobs for "Direct Marketing" and "Outsourced Marketing" companies are scams.
I got scammed into one - I worked for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and got into debt.
Here's the deal: you see a job ad on a recruitment site, promising £15k-£20k salary, no experience required, full training included, for a “Direct Marketing” or “Outsourced Marketing” company.
They ask you to wear comfy shoes for the second interview. That's because you'll be doing an unpaid day of the actual job.
Door to door sales.
I was associated with Corner Rock Ltd, Unit 8, Cumbrian House, 217 Marsh Wall, Poplar, London E14 9FJ. Also associated are companies Blue Ocean Outsource Ltd (which trades under the name Global Net) as well as Rainbow Mark Limited.
The company gets client money whenever we got someone signed on for a boiler replacement. There's also plenty of other services, products and charity direct debits that get sold door to door.
We get paid purely on commission, and have to pay for travel and all other expenses. Most get screwed over as part of your commission is kept forever in a 'Security Bond'. The carrot on a stick? Promise of a high salary in 6-12 months when you become a manager/owner. Except less than 1% make it that far, and even if you do, the 'business' you manage will most likely fail in the first year.
All these companies are affiliated with a DS-Max Company (Innovage, The Cobra Group, Cydcor, The Smart Circle etc). They 'train' people up to own a limited company that does the same thing; though these are really just sales offices. This means the puppeteers don't get blamed for anything these offices do, and since salesmen are 'self employed' there's no liability on that front either. Plus, these companies frequently change their names, making it difficult to uncover the bad press.
I found thousands of accounts all over the world of those who got sucked in using their cult-like techniques; designed to get as much free labour as possible out of you. So a heads up to all you job seekers out there. We have enough to worry about.
TLDR: An entry level job, with full training included, for a “Direct Marketing” or “Outsource Marketing” company - is a scam. It's door to door sales.
Sources: Full list here: doortodoortruth.wordpress.com/references
Name and shame any companies you've come across here: doortodoortruth.wordpress.com/companies
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Job Offer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We saw an Ad in "The Hindu" (a small peanut sized ad) stating that one can earn 50000 to 90000 per month with paperplate business by a company called R..."
- "I bought a Big Deal Coupon for 1499.00 on Angie's List for a ceramic shower surround, with demolition, installation, removal of debris and tile all inclusive. I bought the coupon..."
- "I signed up my company FASTAXI with Cartvertising in Sept 2014 for 20% of the back facing ads and 100% of the front facing on 400 carts. I made..."
- "BEWARE! www.schooloftrade.com & www.sidewaysmarkets.com is a scam and Joseph James is a fraud now desperately trying to cover up for years of deceit and lies. SOT has recently updated their..."
- "Bought 2 tkts for 14 Oct on Viagogo - got e-confo & downloaded. Did not scan at O2 entrance so told to go to Seatwave to get a new download...."
- "After I applied through the website I received an email about going for a test shoot in Camden. I arrived on time and a photographer took some shots of me...."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."
- "Every Ulta that my mother and I have been to has been a very poor experience in terms of customer service. Everyone has the personality of a potato. They are..."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."